Patient Service Representative
Do you love providing exceptional service in a way that makes a positive difference in people’s lives? Are you a natural when it comes to talking on the phone and helping people in a friendly, professional manner?
Are you goal-oriented and able to meet and exceed expectations as an individual, and as part of a team?
If this sounds like you, then you are a perfect fit to join the Contact Center as a Patient Service Representative (PSRs) for Clear Sight Partners.
At Clear Sight, we are creating the premier destination for fully integrated ophthalmology, medical optometry and optical retail services designed to provide comprehensive eye care to our patients and retail customers. We have united 16[RA1] locations across the area to serve our market and are currently building a centralized contact center to serve prospective and existing patient needs.
As a PSR, you will be responsible for handling inbound calls and/or placing return calls from prospective and existing patients. Your goal is to help them book an appointment with one of our providers, ranging from optometrists to ophthalmologists.
This is an onsite position which can be located in Oldsmar, St. Petersburg or Zephyrhills, FL
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
· Provide superior patient service, support and care with a friendly, positive attitude. Represent our core values to patients and co-workers.
· Respond to patient inquiries via phone, web form and online messaging.
· Build rapport with potential new patients and educate them about the patient experience, accepted insurances and new patient process (by phone).
· Answer important patient questions and/or determine the best next steps and resources to serve their needs.
· Assist new patients in selecting a provider, clinic location and/or booking an appointment.
· Provide new patients with appropriate next steps, for example where to arrive for the appointment, how to login to the patient portal, how to complete new patient paperwork, etc.
· Effectively use the call center software to handle and wrap-up calls. Report the outcome of the call, using wrap up codes.
· Accurately book appointments in the Practice Management tool.
· Accurately track and report all call inquiries in the customer relationship management tool and/or practice management tool.
· Send detailed messages to medical and administrative staff in the clinics and follow best practices for collaborating and servicing patient needs.
· Meet performance goals and SLAs for call volume, time on call, answered calls, lead conversion rates for new patient appointments and other important service agreements.
· Meet specific quality measures for patient service and call resolution.
· Adhere to compliance and HIPAA regulations.
· High school diploma, associate degree preferred
· 1-year experience in a high-volume call center, medical setting strongly preferred
· Vision care experience preferred.
· Experience using enterprise level call center, customer relationship management and/or practice management software strongly preferred
· Passion for patient service and Clear Sight Partners mission and core values
Skills and Abilities
· Service oriented and willing to help others
· Highly reliable
· Driven and self-motivated to hit and exceed goals
· Strong verbal, written communication, and presentation skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
· Knowledge of medical terminology.
· Knowledge of health care field.
· Knowledge of legal and ethical considerations related to patient information.
· Knowledge of customer service principles.
· Skill in using computer, medical records software, and customer relationship management tools.
· Skill in putting information and booking appointments in medical record system.
· Skill in diffusing tense situations through diplomatic problem-solving.
· Skill in delivering outstanding patient services.
· Ability to communicate effectively with patients and staff via phone, chat, in person and through email.
· Competitive Hourly Rate + Monthly Bonus
· 8 Paid Holidays
· Paid Time Off
· Medical, Dental, Vision
· 401k Match